Hands on Internship available at Hollywood Production Company
We are looking for interns!
Located on Sunset Boulevard, just blocks away from the Walk of Fame, Family Theater Productions has produced quality family-oriented television, film, and radio for over 70 years. We are looking for motivated, talented, passionate students and recent graduates who are either looking for college credit or wish to gain further hands-on experience in the entertainment industry. Internships will either be general, exposing the participant to all aspects of the company, or specific, focusing on one department within the production house.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a love for TV, film, radio, multimedia, social media or all these forms of media.
- Is available for the equivalent of a minimum of 2 days per week, or ideally more, Monday-Friday from 9am to 5pm (may vary). Depending on the schedule, this could be 1 full time day and 2 half days or 4 half days, but the time available would be the equivalent of 2 full work days per week.
- If you are in school, the commitment would be for 1 quarter or semester depending on your college. If you are recently graduated, it would be for a period of 3 months. Candidates who are available more days of the week will be given greater consideration.
- Has some experience in an office or being on-set.
- Basic computer skills, internet and media savvy, and can operate common office equipment.
- Has some knowledge or even expertise in either post-production software, graphic design, or web design software. Examples would include: Movie Magic, Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, Publisher, Flash, Illustrator, Pro Tools, and similar software. Candidates do NOT need to know any of these programs to apply for the position, but having some skill in any or a number of them would again gain him or her greater consideration.
- “Can-Do” attitude and a willingness to get the task done, and has excellent communication skills
- A good sense of humor is a plus!
Tasks May Include (depending on intern’s skill base):
- Assisting in Development and possible Pre-Production or Production of feature length film projects or TV pitches and series.
- Reviewing and creating coverage for scripts and other intellectual property.
- Creating viral videos and/or internet content
- Editing scenes, trailers or promos
- Working on set
- Assisting in production of Web series and short format video
- Working with Social Media
What we offer...
- A stipend: $400, a semester/quarter or the completion of 3 months
- College credit
- Experience that will look great on your resume
- A creative environment with meaningful and fun work opportunities
- Letters of reference for future job opportunities
What can students gain by finishing our internship program?
- Official college credit
- Opportunities to collaborate and network with industry professionals
- Potential material for your next reel
- You WILL gain knowledge and APPLY that knowledge to your love of film and multimedia!
TO APPLY: please send your resume, reel (or portfolio or website), and 3 references or 3 letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org If you wish to send hardcopies of any of these materials, please mail them to Family Theater Productions, c/o Internships, 7201 Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA 90046.